5.09.2011

Books

I love to read.  If I could read all the time, I probably would.  The biggest problem I have is that I get really into a series or a particular writer, then I read all of the books and have none left.  Then I am left with trying to find something completely different to start reading.  Most recently these are the books I've read (plus a few thrown in that everyone should read):

Recent Reads:

Millenium Series (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Girl who Played with Fire, Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest)

House of Night Series (Marked is the only one I've read so far)

Must Reads:

Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series (5 books) And Heroes of Olympus Series (1 book so far)- Rick Riordan

Harry Potter Series (7 books) - J.K. Rowling

Looking Glass Wars Series (3 books)- Frank Beddor

Georgia Nicholson Series (There are 10 of them)- Louise Rennison

Uglies Series (4 books) - Scott Westerfeld

Hunger Games Series (3 books)- Suzanne Collins

Once Upon a Time Books - Various Authors - These are short re-tellings of various fairy tales, sometimes only loosely based on the original story and sometimes more closely.  Some of my favorites are: Beauty Sleep, The Night Dance, Sunlight and Shadow and Golden

I have also read: The Southern Vampire Mysteries series and all of the Twilight Books.  These are for sure guilty pleasures.  The Twilight series is entertaining, but not high literature for sure.  The Southern Vampire Mysteries are Romance Novels mixed with the supernatural.  I'm pretty much a fan of anything related to Greek Mythology and/or Fairy Tales.  I love dystopian novels as well as some Sci-fi (love some old Robert Heinlein).

No comments:

Post a Comment