5.09.2011

Music

I've noticed lately that my taste in music is really changing.  Actually, I don't know if changing is the right word, as much as I am just finding more new artists that I like who are very different than my old favorites.

In high school I flip-flopped between "Pop-Punk" such as Bowling for Soup, Simple Plan and The Donnas (my sister HATED when I played The Donnas in the car so I did it anytime she was making me mad or I didn't want to talk) and Hip-hop/Rap including Project Pat and Nelly.  Once I hit college I still listened to a lot of Hip-hop, but I also re-visited a lot of Classic Rock I'd heard from my mom as a child.  I also was introduced to Country music around that time.

Generally, there are very few music genres that I don't like at all.  I am not a fan of Metal or Opera (but I love Classical when there aren't lyrics), but otherwise I probably have a little of everything floating around on my computer/iPod.

Some of my most recent favorites (They don't go together so much, but who cares?):

Disclaimer: I haven't watched most of these videos, I'm just recommending the songs :-)

Uncle Kracker - Good to be Me (Most of the "Happy Hour" Album isn't bad)

Taylor Swift - Mean (Again, most of the "Speak Now" album is good)

Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart, Take Me Back

P!nk - Raise Your Glass

Nelly - Move That Body

Mike Posner - Bow Chicka Wow Wow (This video is pretty funny)

Jessie J - Mostly just her style is pretty awesome.  Don't have a specific song...

Jaron - Pray For You (One of those things that sounds like a love song until you listen to the lyrics...)

Bruno Mars - Count on Me, Marry You (This is the Glee cover but there isn't a video for the actual song), Lazy Song, Just the Way You Are, and especially Runaway Baby

Britney Spears - Til the World Ends, Hold it Against Me

Avril Lavigne - Generally not one of my favorites out there, but I'm a big fan of the general feel of her "Goodbye Lullaby" album

No comments:

Post a Comment